Day Trip to Arusha National Park
Arusha National Park day trip is a very popular tour in both game drive & a guided nature walk escorted by an armed ranger. The Arusha National Park is the only National Park in Tanzania which offers a nature walk inside the Park. Mount Meru which is part of the Park with its 4566 m above the sea level can be climbed in three to four days with overnight stay at alpine huts of Miriakamba and Saddo on your way up and down. The Park covers an area of 137 sq. km, with very unique features that including the montane forest, Momela lakes, Ngurdoto Crater and the rocky Mount Meru
This very impressive Waterfall is one of the tallest in the area, spewing crystal clear glacier water 70m into its basin. The beautiful path leading to Materuni Waterfall is located 2500m above sea level It crosses valleys and hills covered by tropical rainforest, past coffee, banana and avocado “shambas”, the Kiswahili word for farms.
A day trip to Arusha National Park
After breakfast, you’ll depart from your Arusha or Moshi accommodations and drive to the park. Your visit to Arusha National Park is a flexible one, as you’ll have three choices as to how you’d like to experience the park.
- Game Drive: You can embark on a half-day or full-day game drive through the park. Your drive will pass you past park landmarks such as the Momella Lakes and Ngurdoto Crater – sometimes known as ‘Little Ngorongoro’.
- Canoe Safari: Available at extra cost, you’ll trade the car for a canoe as you take a guided canoe safari out on the Momella Lakes to see bushbuck, giraffes, hippos, and buffalo.
- Walking Safari: Stretch your legs with a guided walking safari through the park. While on your walking safari, you can expect to see endless acres of forest, home to black and white colobus monkeys, zebras, buffalos, and a variety of antelopes. You will also have a chance to observe more than 400 bird species including the Crowned Eagle, Lanner Falcon, and Levaillants Cuckoo.
You can combine the above three options as you please, although the canoe safari and walking safari both attract an additional cost. You’ll return to Arusha in the late afternoon with a head full of memories and a camera full of unforgettable photos.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Meals according to the itinerary
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
EXCLUDED FROM THE PRICE:
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance