7 Days Kilimanjaro Trekking – Rongai Route
The Rongai route is the only route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the north, close to the Kenyan border. Though gaining popularity amongst climbers, this route still experiences low crowds. Rongai has a more gradual slope than the mountain’s other routes. It is the preferred route for those looking for an alternative to the popular Marangu route, for those who would like a more remote hike, and for those who are climbing during the rainy season (the north side receives less precipitation). Rongai is a moderately difficult route, and is highly recommended, especially for those with less backpacking experience.
Although the scenery is not as varied as the western routes, Rongai makes up for this by passing through true wilderness areas for nearly the entire way. Descent is made via the Marangu route.
Day 1: Rongai Gate - Rongai Cave
Day 2: Rongai Cave - Second Cave
Day 3: Kikelewa Cave - Mawenzi Tarn
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn - Mawenzi Ridge
Day 5: Marwenzi Tarn to Kibo Hut
Day 6: Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak
Day 7: Horombo Hut - Marangu Gate
- Kilimanjaro trekking according to the itinerary
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Mountain crew (cook & porters)
- Overnight stays in hotels and mountain tents
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mats, chairs, tables etc.)
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Drinking water
- All national park fees
- All mentioned transfer
- Sleeping bag
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance