2 Days Tarangire and Ngorongoro
/ per person
This two days safari takes you to the most celebrated UNESCO world heritage area in Tanzania; the Ngorongoro Crater as well as Tarangire National Park a world famous safari park for its unusual herds of elephants. The park and Ngorongoro Crater are not very far from each other and with a range of accommodations having set up at Karatu (just outside the Ngorongoro Conservation), you can do a very rewarding safari in Tanzania in just 2 days and one night stay at one of the many lodges found around Karatu area or even the Mto wa Mbu and Lake Manyara area which is actually midway between the two wildlife areas.
Arusha – Tarangire National Park
Depart early from Arusha town at around 07.30 – 08.00 Hrs you will drive across a beautiful and scenic Masai Steppe to Makuyuni junction and take left along the Arusha – Dodoma Highway towards Tarangire National Park, a drive that will take only 2 hours at most. Arrive at the parks gate at Tarangire and after your driver has sorted out the paperwork you start game drives almost straight away form the gate in a bid to see as many animals and birds a possible. Your professional safari guide will take you to the best wildlife spotting areas of the park including the Tarangire River which is a permanent river that works as a bloodline for the park ensuring animals flock the river banks in search for water throughout the year. You expect to see elephants, elands, wildebeests, buffaloes, zebras, gerenuks, giraffes and a lot of birds. Lunch will be taken at one of the picnic sites. Later in the afternoon you will drive out of the park and your guide will take you to Karatu in the Ngorongoro Highlands for dinner and overnight at lodge. Overnight at Country Lodge at Karatu or similar lodge.
Ngorongoro Crater – Arusha
This morning you take a very early breakfast or if you don’t mind take a packed breakfast and lunch then descend as early as 6.00 hrs in the morning to the floor of the largest unbroken caldera in the world also called the Ngorongoro Crater. You will spend this whole day at the Crater floor doing game drives in search of animals that can spotted at very close range including, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, jackals (silver backed), and if lucky enough you can spot the rare species like the Caracal, leopards and the black Rhinos. Picnic lunch will most likely be taken at the Hippo Poolside Picnic site where you can also visit a washroom then continue with game drives in the afternoon as you head out of the Ngorongoro Crater. You will later on in the afternoon drive up the Crater rim and dive back to Arusha town where the safari ends again.
- Pick up from / drop off at Arusha town (at any hotel)
- 02 days private safari for 02 – 06 persons
- Transport and game drives in modified 4 x 4 Land Cruiser with photographic roof hatch
- The services of a professional English speaking safari tour guide
- All wildlife reserve entry fees for Tarangire & Ngorongoro Crater fees
- All game drives as mentioned in the itinerary
- 03 x 0,5 l mineral water per person / day during game drives
- 01 x Full Board at safari lodges or tented camps as per itinerary
- Value Added Tax by Tanzania Revenue Authority
- International Flights
- All items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for safari guide and lodge staff (please tip separately)
- Travel insurance if needed
- Drinks and beverages in lodges / camps
- Airport transfers from / to your hotel at Kilimanjaro if needed
- Accommodation at Arusha prior to the safari ( we can arrange at extra cost)